Thursday, January 7, 2016

2016

2016

A New Year...in many ways, a new life!  No longer living in California.  Jobs have changed.  No longer in my home where I loved to entertain.  No longer ten minutes from my sister, whom I love to spend time with.  No longer at  People's Church, which holds the dearest of memories.  (Thankful for podcasting)  No longer sitting out on my flowering patio in January!  No more orange blossom smells permeating the entire house. No more Tuesday Night Ladies Bible Study in my home.  No more coffee afternoons with any of my bff's or weekend retreats.  No longer down the street from my gym.  No longer a couple hours drive to the coast, my favorite spot on the planet!  And a whole lot more in changes.  Change.  Transition. Difficult. Hard. Sometimes very hard.

Yet, so many blessings! The greatest is our kids!  They all live 15 to 20 minutes away!  Time with them, priceless!  There is nothing like Jayme calling and asking to come over and cook us dinner.  Or Jayme's call asking if we will be up at 6:00 a.m. so she can come over for coffee.  And nothing like Ally's Saturday overnights.  Nothing like conversations and time with Shannon,  Settling in and becoming content with this home. A new church. Part of a small group of some wonderful people.  An excellent children's program at Washington Height's and Ally loving it!  Watching Mila take her first steps.  Christmas Eve with the family gathered at our home.  Kezney, Frankie, Brooklin and Marshall close enough to now be in their lives.  New friends.  New life.  Let's see what 2016 holds. 

Isaiah 43:
"Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you perceive it? 
 I will make a way in the wilderness
and rivers in the desert."'


Lord, I confess my lack of expectancy for fresh experiences of You.  Your power.  Your truth.  Your intervention.  I am looking forward to a year of watching You move, as only You can, in my life,  in my home, in my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment